Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Update - 6/14/2011

Just wanted to update everyone with the latest news... Amy went back to the doctor today and had another sonogram that showed no heartbeat and no heart activity. According to doctor, fetal death can cause a surge of hormones that can cause a deep depression, which I think Amy would say proved to be right. The last couple days have been very hard emotionally on Amy, and I know Rob as well.

At this point the next step is to bring Amy into the hospital to induce labor. As for now, this has been scheduled for 6am on Monday the 20th at Brookwood Hospital. Amy's doctor said that the process could take anywhere from 12-24 hours. As for the recovery time they are unsure at this point exactly how long they will keep her in the hospital, but as I have information I will let you all know.

Again, on behalf of Amy and Rob I would just like to say thank you for all of the prayers, thoughts and people who contact me daily just to ask how they are doing... Although Amy may not feel much like talking to too many people right now I promise the all of the warm wishes, thoughts, questions and prayers are being felt and helps them day-to-day!

Miss. Sarah, their little girl will be turning one tomorrow 6/15. It's hard to believe that sweet little thing came into our family this time last year. What a beautiful blessing she has been and a wonderful addition to the family! I know that the Lord had a special place and a purpose for that precious child in the lives of both Amy and Rob. I truly believe that the Lord will use Sarah to help them through this hard time. We will be celebrating her 1st Birthday with a modest family birthday party on Saturday, I will be sure to post photos from the occasion on Sunday.

Please pray that Amy will remain healthy for the next few days as she waits to go into the hospital for the procedure on Monday. Also, for both She and Rob as they prepare to go through a labor and delivery for a child that will not be going home from the hospital. I cannot image the hurt that they are both feeling. I would also pray for a good time on Saturday as we CELEBRATE Sarah's 1st birthday, that it would be a joyful time and help get their minds off everything that has happened in the last couple of weeks.

Thank you again to everyone - I will update the blog with birthday photo pics, as well as new information that I have as we wait for the procedure.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jacquelyn,
    My name is Lurenda Avery and I work closely with the Footprints Ministry, which provides support and encouragement to families with babies in the neonatal intensive care unit. One of our volunteers and a dear friend, Helen Rand, informed us of Amy and Rob's sweet baby a couple of weeks ago and our volunteers have been in prayer for them ever since. I'm so incredibly sorry to hear about the loss of this precious life and we want you all to know that you will be covered in prayer by our volunteers.

    As Amy and Rob go through the next few days, weeks and months they may want to talk to someone who can relate to their loss. If that is the case, I will be more than happy to speak to them myself, as we lost our first baby to preterm birth. We also have several other volunteers who have experienced stillbirth and infant loss. It's not an easy thing to talk about, but sometimes it's nice to know that you're not alone in this.

    Please feel free to email me anytime at bhamfootprints@hotmail.com I'll be happy to help however I can.

    In His Grace,
    Lurenda

    ReplyDelete